GROWTH DRIVERS ARE KEY INDUSTRY ACTIVITIES AND ARE CONFIRMED BY OBJECTIVE RESEARCH
The Growth Drivers identified by the industry sector committees comprise a combination of unique initiatives that will anchor or catalyse the growth of a new industry, or several initiatives within a sector that together will strengthen and diversify the economy. Growth Drivers will result in economic growth faster than business as usual, leveraging the region’s competitive advantage and targeting a growing global market.
There are a total of eleven Growth Drivers structured within the five high Priority Goals for identified Bunbury Geographe. Each of the Growth Drivers will be delivered by a combination of Priority Initiatives and other initiatives, and will be made possible through the effect of Enablers.
ENABLERS MAKE THE DRIVERS POSSIBLE
Enablers are the social, technological and economic preconditions vital for success of the Growth Drivers. They are at the heart of the region’s community and business interactions, and they work across all of the Growth Drivers and Priority Initiatives:
- Leadership and governance that empowers informed local decision-making in industry, government and the community, and encourages entrepreneurship.
- Being digitally aware to assist in overcoming the tyranny of distance and enhancing global business connectivity.
- Being regionally engaged through cooperation with neighbours and becoming a responsible global citizen.
- Capital and resources, including financial capital, land and water resources.
- Infrastructure, including freight links, communications, power and water.
- Social capital, which includes networks together with shared norms, values and understandings that facilitate co-operation.
The Growth Plan Partnership Steering Committee is tasked with responsibility for supporting the continued development of the Enablers underpinning the achievement of the Priority Initiatives.
PRIORITY INITIATIVES FOCUS OUR EFFORTS
Priority Initiatives are those initiatives that represent an optimum balance between short-term and large- scale economic benefits and demand a focus of resources and effort to ensure their success.
SUPPORTING INITIATIVES COMPLEMENT THE PRIORITIES
The Priority Initiatives are complemented by a host of supporting initiatives that together drive economic growth in the region.
These initiatives also implement the Enablers, building the region’s social capital and ensuring that growth is in line with our values of inclusivity, sustainability, creativity and connection.
The supporting initiatives under the Growth Plan are presented in the Growth Plan Part Two: Program of Action